A simple $75 nonrefundable deposit for each camp secures your spot!
Let's get down to business
Don't lose the gains you fought for all year!
Summer has just started, and while we love learning, we firmly believe that summers are for FUN! Students will learn unique information unavailable elsewhere!
This week students will learn to invest and make wise decisions. They will learn from their own mistakes and the mistakes of others. They will learn about percent increases and decreases as well as how to add and subtract integers. Students will learn about the skills and traits that employers look for in prospective employees, and if our students just don't feel that working for someone else is their cup of tea, they'll learn about starting their own business - in fact they'll develop a business plan for their own weekend business!
Students will also work on writing prompts and developing their writing skills.
SUBJECTS COVERED WEEK 1:
banking, investing & money
STUDENTS WILL Participate in financial sessions featuring our friends at BANK of America as well as an INDIVIDUAL who has requested to remain nameless for the time being
THE IMPORTANCE OF SAVING
WHY IS A DOLLAR TODAY WORTH SO MUCH MORE THAN A DOLLAR NEXT YEAR?
WHY SHOULD YOU OPEN A BANK ACCOUNT TODAY?
FINDING PERCENT CHANGE
INTRO TO QUADRATICS
- WHAT DOES AN EFFECTIVE ROCKET DESIGN LOOK LIKE? (WHAT HAPPENS WHEN IT IS DESIGNED WRONG!?)
- WHAT CAN WE PUT IN THE PAYLOAD OF THE ROCKET?
- DID YOU KNOW READING A MAP IS VERY DIFFICULT FOR SOME PEOPLE? WE'LL LEARN HOW TO MAKE IT EASIER!
- STUDENTS WILL PARTICIPATE IN DEVELOPING THEIR OWN SCAVENGER HUNT USING ONLY MAPS
- STUDENTS WILL WORK WITH WRITING PROMPTS TO DEVELOP THEIR WRITING ABILITY